Yes, we all have experienced stress in this modern life, and work is the biggest reason that makes our life more stressful. With an enormous amount of what we have to complete every day, plus with some extra conflict with other employees or your boss don’t like what your result can make you even more stressed.
Why do employees experience stress and burnout?
In a private survey, almost all of the HR leaders said that employees who’re dealing with stress and burnout are sabotaging their workforce. This survey also indicated that nearly half of those companies have stressed employees negatively affecting their work environment.
So, what causes stress and burnout for those employees?
- Pressures from the job or their boss: tight deadlines and the pressure to increase productivity at the workplace, or heavy responsibility might be the root of the problem.
- They experience unrealistic expectations from others: Reasonable expectations from employers or leaders can help them increase productivity. But if the expectations are set unrealistically high, it can make employees exhausted, leading to stress and burnout.
- They experience micromanagement in the working environment: some supervision is necessary, it keeps employees following the company rules. But no one likes being micromanaged, it shows that your company doesn’t trust them and can leave employees feeling incompetent and stressed.
- They have no support at work: working with unsupportive teams and leaders can make employees feel like they don’t matter in the work environment, which can cause stress and burnout.
- They have no opportunities: when employees are denied development promotional or professional opportunities, this can make them feel like there is no chance to learn and develop.
- Lack of appreciation: When their efforts go unnoticed, employees can start to lose motivation, increasing the level of stress. So, a thank you or a show of appreciation for hard work can do so many things, and increasing productivity is just one of them.
What’s the negative impact of stress and burnout on employees?
Burnout is characterized by an increasing mistrust and negative outlook, emotional exhaustion, irritability and fatigue, and an overall negative response to stressors.
And everyone reacts to sources of stress differently, here are some common signs when we are stressed or burnout:
- Unable to increase productivity under stress or a tight deadline anymore
- Fatigue and tiredness all the time
- Irritability and frustration
- Increased absence from work, or arriving late
- Headaches or other symptoms appear more frequently
- Barely smile
- More complaints and grievances about everything
- Loss of motivation, commitment, and confidence
- Sleeping difficulties
- Depression and anxiety
With all the symptoms above, stress and burnout not only decrease employee performance in a work environment but also negatively impact their life. Not only that, your company will have to pay more for the health care service.
What is a simple way to reduce stress and avoid burnout in the work environment?
As an employer, it is essential to pay special attention to the emotional and mental health of your employees. Today, the leadership mission is focusing on the emotional and mental welfare of your people more than anything else.
Having clear communication, setting realistic goals and workload is the best way to avoid your employees from getting stressed too much. And in their work, you should have a place to rest, and then encourage your employee to take a rest more regularly. This method is not only effective to deal with stress or burnout but also can help employees increase productivity.
Also, employees should have a training program regularly, training will help them have more skills and knowledge, so the work pressure will be reduced and increase productivity.
No one wants to experience stress or burnout because those can make you lose motivation, be exhausted, and even worse, it can make your body dysfunctional. So, it is crucial to take care of the employees in the work environment.
TSC – Engineer Software Staffing Agency in Vietnam
Tel: +8428 6675 6685
Other News at: https://thestaffingcompany.asia/news/
Follow us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/thestaffingcompany/