Staff augmentation is quickly becoming a hype in the IT job market, enticing more global companies to hire remotely. But before you choose to use this kind of service, it is better to know what exactly IT staff augmentation is and what are the pros and cons of this method?
1. What exactly is staff augmentation?
IT staff augmentation is an outsourcing strategy that involves hiring skilled technical resources on an as-needed basis to fill open positions on your team, either temporarily or permanently.
The staff augmentation model enables businesses to select only candidates who meet their needs and to cut or expand their augmented team as needed. Many staff augmentation companies provide staff augmentation. IT staff augmentation vendors can assist you in adding skilled technical resources to your in-house development team on a short or long-term basis.
IT staff augmentation is a subset of general staff augmentation. Staff augmentation services are a type of contract-based outsourcing service provided by an external provider to supplement the knowledge and skills of the existing in-house team. This strategy entails assessing existing staff capabilities and determining what skills are required.
Because the vendor employs these resources directly, the vendor avoids the cost and liability of making new full-time hires. Having said that, remote developers hired through a staffing firm are committed to only one project at a time.
2. Benefits when choosing to work with IT staff augmentation
2.1 Saving costs
The cost structure of staff augmentation is extremely transparent. You won’t have to worry about administrative or organizational costs like office space, workstations, or other amenities. You only pay a fee, and the vendor handles team augmentation and other things, allowing you to focus on your core business activities.
2.2 More flexibility
You gain access to a diverse pool of IT professionals, from UI/UX designers and front-end developers to Scrum masters and product owners.
It is much easier to replace a developer because the talent pool is larger, and if you work with a staff augmentation partner like Daxx, you won’t have to spend extra money on the transition.
2.3 Always have a high productivity level
In comparison to a project outsourcing team, which can manage several projects concurrently, staff augmentation enables a higher level of productivity because the developers are focused on a single project 100 percent of the time. Working for one client and adhering to their big vision entails greater levels of motivation and dedication.
3. Working with an IT staff augmentation will be a perfect fit if you are
- You already have engineers working on your product in the local office. But you’d like to expand your team by hiring a team of programmers to develop another component of the product. You need to hire a team of 3-8 tech professionals, but due to a talent shortage in your local market, this is impossible. You realize that local recruitment will take too long, and that, given the risks and high market demand, this option is not viable.
- You are working on a technological product with a team of programmers and need to add new engineers to your team. Because the professionals you want to hire are hard to come by in your country, you’re looking to broaden your search.
- You collaborate with a project outsourcing firm to develop your product. But this model does not work for you for a variety of reasons. First, you want to communicate directly with your team on a daily basis, and second, you want to get to know your remote programmers so they feel like they’re a part of your local team. Both are essential for remote team integration with the local team as well as motivation to work toward a common goal with you and the in-house team.
IT staff augmentation is a powerful model that organizations can use to improve agility and respond to changing enterprise needs. It’s becoming more popular across industries, not only limited just to the technology market.
Read more: SOME EFFECTIVE WAYS TO REWARD THE STAFF
TSC – Engineer Software Staffing Agency in Vietnam
Tel: +8428 6675 6685
Other News at: https://thestaffingcompany.asia/news/
Follow us at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/thestaffingcompany/